Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Jumbled Thoughts

First thought:
I have for about 8 years now listened mostly to children's songs or Christian radio (WDJC). So I am out of the loop on the new secular songs of today. The only time I really listen to other music is when I am riding with hubby. So, Sunday as we come home from church I wasn't really paying attention to the words, the rhythm was nice. Then I caught part of the words...a girl singing about kissing another girl. I admit I have no clue what the whole song was about, it may be completely innocent, but it just did not sit well with me. So I say, "Do you think the kids should hear this?" Of course hubby hates when I try to correct anything he does. He says, "It's just a song." But then I get him because I say, "So if it were a man singing about kissing another man, then you would still be listening?" His look said it all! (But of course he still didn't change the channel because he is sooooo hard-headed! I hate when we have a clash in the views/beliefs/standards that I want to instill, but I know God is working on him.)

Next thought:
My devotional today included Matthew 13:58: "And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith." It is pretty scary that my lack of faith can cease God from performing miracles. I want to have the faith of Abraham. I want to have the faith to do whatever it is that God wants me to do.

Third thought:
In I Corinthians 3:4-11 it speaks of how we each have a different part to play. I want hear God so I'll know when a seed needs to be planted, when a seed needs to be watered, or to know when a plant needs to be pruned. And to have the faith to do these things. To know that all I need to do is open my mouth, and He will give me the words.

Last thought:
My stepdad is leaving Thursday for a mission trip to Brazil. I take this moment to lift him and all the others up. I pray that they will have no fear, be filled with faith, be protected in safety and health, and that one day they will each receive a great reward for obeying Him.

No comments: