Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer times!

Summer is going great! Last week Sissy went 3 of 5 days to Nature Camp in town. She really liked it. They went to the Cahaba River one day and saw the beautiful Cahaba Lillies and lots of snails.

This week she is going to Science camp at the McWane Center. She says it's a blast! But she wants to buy everything in the souvenir shop!

Bubby, Baby Girl, and I have been hanging out...we went to the park one day, went swimming at Nana's one day and Grandmama's a couple of times...

Yesterday we watched a black snake crawling through our yard. Later we watched several Black Widow spiders come out of our rock walls after the pest control lady sprayed them.

The kids have enjoyed picking green beans from the garden. They eat them straight off the bush so I have yet to actually cook any of them. We've also enjoyed our blackberries. We have a couple of watermelons growing and soon should have some squash, cucumbers, and cantaloupe! Yummy!

Tomorrow we plan on doing the McWane Center thing while Sissy is there at camp. This will be during Baby's naptime so I'm hoping things will go well.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sounds like lots of fun!!!

I am sure McWayne will be great.

Why don't y'all come to the pool with us next week?